Welcome to the Sunflower Centre
COVID-19 - ADAPTING TO THE NEW LANDSCAPE
Statement from our management team - updated Friday 26th June
Sunflower Centre plans for the foreseeable period of somewhat relaxed social distancing measures
Treatments, therapies & Classes
Much of what Sunflower offers has moved to working from home online already. Namely:
Osteopathy :: Massage :: Acupuncture
- where pre-screening and triage is being carried out
- where the person hasn't got Covid-19 symptoms, been advised to self-isolate or lives in a household with someone who is doing so
We are available for free telephone consultations. There are also possibilities around the osteopaths working with some of their existing and new patients using online consultations where this is deemed helpful. Get in touch by emailing
Aidan Spencer has been offering osteopathy to 'urgent' and 'emergency' cases from his own practice in Nunhead and is now opening out to less urgent cases.
From June Joanna Mitchell and Soran David have resumed practicing osteopathy from the centre, albeit at a reduced and adapted capacity. Aidan Spencer will join them on 15th July. Here's
where to find more information.
Massage unfortunately has not been given the go ahead as yet.
Acupuncture will hopefully restart soon.
Psychotherapy :: Counselling :: Coaching
Most if not all of the talking therapists moved to working online with their existing clients and some will be returning to working in person soon in a phased return. Yoga and Pilates Classes
All Matwork Classes
Most of the teachers are teaching their regular classes online. Here's the timetable
with contact details.Studio Pilates Classes
There are plans to resume 1-1 classes again as soon as they are permitted. Other Therapies and RemediesHomeopathy
, Western Herbal Medicine
and more are available through online consultations.Workshops :: Feldenkrais :: Alexander Technique :: Breastfeeding
Look at the various webpages on this website to find out who's available to work with you online.
We feel very keenly this opportunity to adapt to the situation, to continue to offer a variety of ways that you can look after yourself and your family in these times. From all of us at the Sunflower Centre, with our love and care
The Sunflower Centre Covid-19 Risk Assessment
A comprehensive Covid-19 infection prevention and control Risk Assessment was undertaken on 20th May 2020 resulting in the following measures being implemented:
- a partial one way system is in place in that one door is for entering, another door is assigned for exiting the building
- hand sanitiser is available both on entry to the building and outside both washrooms
- the use of hand sanitiser will mitigate the risk of cross contamination person to person through touching surfaces throughout the building, including inside treatment rooms and washrooms
- we have eliminated fabric and replaced with vinyl/plastic where necessary for ease of cleaning
- appropriate ventilation time buffers between client sessions have been introduced
- heightened cleaning procedures are in place
- room size has been taken into consideration and larger rooms are being used where necessary
- we have plans in place for if anyone using the building - practitioner or patient - is contacted by the Track & Trace app