Antenatal & Postnatal Pilates
Antenatal Pilates has been designed to support you through the physical changes of your pregnancy, preparing you for birth and setting you up for your postnatal recovery.
Suitable from 14 weeks into your pregnancy right up to the day before you give birth, classes are structured to:
- help you to maintain strength throughout your pregnancy
- connect you to your breath
- relieve tension
- create awareness of your pelvic floor and abdominals
- prepare your body and mind for your birthing experience and beyond and help to focus you on a positive birth experience
- work with you to set a foundation in deep abdominal strength to support your baby
Pilates is beneficial before all types of birth.
After birth, your body continues to change and it’s a crucial time for your body to recover from the pregnancy and birth. While you may be keen to start exercising immediately, it’s important to wait at least 6 weeks from vaginal birth or 10 weeks from caesarean birth before joining a class. In these friendly and relaxed classes, you will meet other Mums and get personalised advice on a safe and effective way to gain strength and move better.
Postnatal Pilates can help you to:
- Improve your posture
- Restore you pelvic floor and abdominal muscles
- Release tension while regaining stability and strength
- Gain a deeper understanding of your postnatal body
- Tone up after pregnancy and learn how to exercise safely
- Recover from Diastasis Recti or prolapses (if any)
Babies are welcome to join in the class with you so you don’t have to worry about childcare.
I have experience in successfully working with a range of pregnancy related conditions including:
- Diastasis Recti
- pelvic floor dysfunction including prolapse
- Pelvic Girdle Pain
- back and neck problems
- carpal tunnel syndrome.