Garden - New for 2018!
The Sunflower Centre is investing in the creation of a kitchen garden to offer educational, wellbeing and mindfulness activities as well as an opportunity for local individuals to join in communal gardening. We would like to open this project out to local people and to offer the opportunity to learn, share and socialise in the community. We have a professional landscaper and a team of landscape/gardening students that you are welcome to join.
Our kitchen was redeveloped in July this year and has already been hosting some wonderful Fermentation Classes by Nena Foster which have proven to be very popular.
Nena preparing for her next fermented veg class
Are you looking for ways to be more mindful in the garden and kitchen, learn about growing and cooking food as medicine and how to prepare nutritious and healthy foods?
With their enthusiasm and experience our facilitators will grow your skills and knowledge both in the kitchen and garden - with one eye kept firmly on health and wellbeing, the other on having fun!
Whether you want to
- support your children’s health & wellbeing through classes, both in the kitchen and in the garden
- spend time outdoors working with others
- explore mindfulness based practices outdoors
- learn about growing & using medicinal herbs
- volunteer in our kitchen herb garden
- eat and live more healthily
- learn the ancient art of food fermentation in our kitchen classroom (small group of six people max)
- learn about using and cooking with wheat & dairy alternatives
you will find many exciting and interesting new projects emerging in the Sunflower Centre kitchen & garden.
You could also call and speak to our knowledgeable and friendly reception team on 020 8694 2714, or email email@example.com to express your interest in being part of the project to build the garden infrastructure.