Hypnobirthing is a natural childbirth programme which teaches simple and highly effective birth positions, movement, relaxation, breathing and self-hypnosis techniques. The programme is soundly based upon established anatomy, physiology and psychology, and helps women to give birth more easily and comfortably without fear. Hypnobirthing has been proven to minimize unnecessary medical interventions. It empowers parents-to-be to remain calm, confident and in control during labour and birth.
Hypnobirthing works from two key premises:
• a woman’s body is perfectly designed to birth naturally, and
• fear and tension, which create pain, can be replaced by feelings of calm, confidence and relaxation.
Hypnobirthing helps parents to have the positive birth they are planning for.
A positive birth is one approached in a relaxed and confident way, free of fear. It’s a birth she can enjoy and remember with pride. A positive birth does not necessarily mean a drug-free vaginal birth. It is simply a birth coming from a place of feeling informed, and empowered to make good choices in her care, free of negativity or fear. A woman can birth with positivity at home, in the birth centre, or labour ward with or without medical intervention. Hypnobirthing is designed to support a woman and her partner whichever way baby decides to arrive.
What are the advantages of hypnobirthing?
• With hypnobirthing you are more likely to experience a natural, calm, comfortable birth.
• You may find that you don’t need any pain relief at all.
• It shortens the length of labour, and you will be more alert and in control.
• Hypnobirthing lessens the physical impact of child birth on both mother and baby.
• The father/birth partner is actively involved with an important role to play.
• Hypnobirthing allows your baby to enter with world drug-free and in an atmosphere of calm and gentleness.
• Hypnobirthed babies have high APGAR scores, and tend to be calmer and establish feeding more easily.
What will I learn at my Hypnobirthing course?
You will learn about the anatomy and physiology of the birthing body, and how the mind affects the body during labour and birth. The course prepares both your mind and body for an easy natural birth, through simple and highly effective breathing, relaxation, visualisation and self-hypnosis techniques. You will learn how to avoid artificial induction, and reduce the likelihood of medical intervention. The course also includes massage and other techniques for birth partners, hypnosis sessions to build confidence and instil a sense of calm confidence, tips on making your birth plan, and much more. Courses are offered in groups or one-to-one, and usually include the hypnobirthing book, audio recordings, a course manual and ongoing support.
Lisa teaches 1 day and 2 day group courses and 1-1 refresher courses as well as 1-1 private courses.
Due to Covid19 and social distancing measures all courses are currently taught online as 1-1 private courses. Course fees have been reduced to £225 (from £397) to make it accessible and 10% of the course fee goes to charity.
Please email Lisa email@example.com or call her on 07812 474471 to discuss your needs and plan a course at a time and day convenient for you.