A Programme led by Josephine O’Gorman
MSc BA (Hons) DHt MNCHM RSHom SEP PGCE FHEA
Somatic Experiencing® Practitioner
This well-tested programme integrates Somatic Experiencing® with a range of effective approaches providing participants with resources to build their resilience, well-being and confidence to cope with life stresses and challenges.
Somatic Experiencing® (SE) is a pioneering psychobiological approach founded by Peter A Levine (Author of “Waking the Tiger”) for resolving trauma symptoms and relieving chronic stress and anxiety.
Through safe, simple-to-follow, informative and innovative activities you will learn practical tools so that you can restore a balanced physiological and emotional state when you are stressed. These tools, practiced over time, build resilience.
Sessions will include interactive presentations, discussion, individual and small group work and appropriate art activities. Each week builds on the previous week so regular attendance is important to really benefit from the programme. You will be encouraged to keep a weekly record to measure and affirm your progress. The group size will be small and supportive.
If you are interested in booking on the next course please contact The Sunflower Centre on 0208 694 2714 or email@example.com to give your details.
This programme offers the opportunity to:
- Recognise the symptoms of un-discharged traumatic stress
- Build sensory awareness skills of Somatic Experiencing
- Establish a healthier nervous system
- Develop a healthy use of stress
- Take simple steps to building emotional and physical resilience
- Build personal support and resources
- Receive money-off vouchers for 1:1 personal SE consultations (after programme completion)
Comments from previous course participants:
- It really has taught me to believe in myself again which I am really enjoying
- It has given me “tools” to help my recovery
- I now try and listen to my body and act accordingly
- The course has provided mechanisms to deal with stress, which has led to an improvement in my self-confidence
Josephine O’Gorman MSc BA (Hons) DHt MNCHM RSHom SEP PGCE FHEA
Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority for Health & Social Care
Josephine is a qualified practitioner in Somatic Experiencing (SEP) with over 30 years’ clinical experience working with individuals (children & adults) families and groups. In addition to her busy practice, she designs and delivers practical inspiring programmes© tailor made for a wide range of individuals, groups and health professionals.
Josephine is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a specialist in Stress Management, Wellbeing and Leadership in Health & Social Care. She has worked with Peter Levine (founder of Somatic Experiencing®) and has a key role in the training of Somatic Experiencing Practitioners, nationally and internationally. She was the National Chair of the Somatic Experiencing Association UK (2012-15) and is a member of the European Association for Somatic Experiencing Ethics Committee. She has received The Department of Health and the Queens Nursing Institute National Awards for her work in integrated healthcare.